Thursday, October 02, 2008
Friday, September 12, 2008
Thursday, September 04, 2008
Monday, August 11, 2008
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Christian Evangelism Ideas
Fun, Creative and Innovative Evangelistic Ideas for Expressing and Sharing your Faith.
Isn't it time for you to step out and have some FUN sharing your Faith.
Stop worrying about having to go "bug" your neighbors about "your religion" and start finding ways to "express" your Faith. Evangelism truly can be exciting and uplifting.
Seed Sowing and Everyday Evangelism - Ways to express your faith in your everyday lifestyle
1. Christian Apparel - nothing like a walking billboard for Jesus
2. Bumper Stickers and Vanity Plates - I know it's corny but I've heard the testimonies too.
3. Scriptures on your checks - Warning!! Don't use scripture checks if you're a check bouncer:)
4. The Fruit of the Spirit - Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Goodness, Kindness, Faithfulness, Meekness, Self-Control ... Doesn't the Bible say they shall know us by our Fruit?
5. Bible Tracts - Never leave home without them
6. Witness Pens - Everyone loves a free pen...give them to drive-thru Cashiers, store clerks, teachers....hand them out at malls, the DMV or anywhere you see a group standing around.
Individual Servant Evangelism
1. Volunteer - Get involved and always be ready to share the Joy of your Life
2. The Good Neighbor Policy - Always wave, say Hello, give your neighbors your phone number in case of emergency, share your cookies, cakes and pies and lawn tools - be available to help out your neighbors. After a bad Storm, my son (wearing his christian tshirt of course) organized the neighborhood kids and went yard to yard picking up sticks, downed tree limbs and trash from the Neighborhood.
3. Adopt the Senior Citizens in your neighborhood - be there to shovel snow, help with car repairs and housekeeping, stop in to chat, invite them to dinner and most of all pray for them
1. Send Christmas cards to random people from your phone book...add a few salvation scriptions
2. Make cards with salvation scriptures for nursing home residents.
3. Hand out Witness Pens to frazzled Cashiers..and don't forget to Smile and tell them you're praying for them.
4. Make little care bags of cookies..tie on a scripture message and hand out where ever you see a line.
5. Have your kids make special cards for "adopted" grandparents in nursing homes and stop by to visit.
6. Invite someone to dinner. Make it your mission not to let anyone have to spend the holidays alone.
Sunday, June 08, 2008
Friday, June 06, 2008
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Friday, November 02, 2007
When I was a teenager I posed a question to my youth leader, and later to his father the minister of the church. The question was: If God is omnipresent, and knows the outcome of all things from the beginning to the end, and God is pure of any evil, so much so that he had to turn away rather than look upon His son as Jesus took the sins of the world upon himself. Then how could God create Lucifer,with knowledge that this being would later stand against God's own purpose, and become the father of lies. This question was very much avoided and talked around, and eventually I realized that I would not receive an answer from these men.
I now believe I know the answer to that question, God will show you all things if given time and patience combined with prayer.
Free will, God gave Lucifer the choice to become whatever he wished to become. If God as an omnipresent being, only created that which He knew would serve His will then what would be the point. Just as we are given free will Lucifer was given the same choice, and chose to serve his own cause, rather than to serve God's.
I think this is where the concept of: "If you love something set it free, if it comes back to you it is yours forever, and if it doesn't it never was."
Thursday, October 04, 2007
I use to HATE Halloween
Sunday, September 30, 2007
Monday, September 03, 2007
Religious or not just take a minute, and read this. I'm not judging or preaching, just pondering. (if you've got a minute read this, if you've got two tell me what you think of it.) God created us all with a choice, to serve Him or to serve ourselves. True evil in our world comes from the later of the two choices. That is truly what we are here to learn. When you follow the first of all the directives that Jesus put forth, IE: When Jesus was asked " Teacher what is the great commandment in the law?" Jesus said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind." "This is the first and great commandment." Matthew 22:36-38. When we follow this commandment we are bound to do God's will. Within that state of mind there is no doubt, all of our fear, and hatred, and self serving nature is defeated. When true evil manifests it is from these that it is born. When you look to any sin you have committed throughout all of your existence you most probably will come back to one of these. Especially fear. When you keep your mind, your heart, and your soul focused on loving God there is no room for evil. I believe that the lesson that we are here to learn is just that; Doing YOUR will creates evil to gain a handhold on your life. Doing God's will serves God and evil is defeated. If God were to remove evil, He would in effect be taking away your choice, your free will. At the very least removing evil would remove any opportunity for us to see the consequences of our actions. In closing I would just like to point out that as men, and women we may never be able to completely ignore our impulse to take control and go our own way, it is very difficult to completely surrender your will to God. Those that have are said to reach sainthood. Those that have not are still loved and cherished by God. That is what grace is, only by the grace of God are we saved. Hopefully we can gain faith in our lives, and accept His will, day by day, a little more. Because I believe that the more we do, the less evil will be with us. If you look at it this way I guess the question would be better served; Why we as the children of God, allow for evil.
Mike is a new friend of mine with so terrific writing skills, stop by his Blog, http://notwritenow.blogspot.com/to experience more of his talent.
Monday, October 16, 2006
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Sunday, August 20, 2006
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Saturday, July 29, 2006
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Tuesday, July 18, 2006
"Top Ten Places to Get Inexpensive and Free Tracts 1. The American Tract Society - Low Cost, Cool Designs, Great Message 2. Living Waters - Low Cost, Lots of unique Designs, Super Witnessing Tools 3. Pocket Power - Free Gospels of John 4. Chick Tracts - The Classic Cartoon Tracts, These tracts are collectables. 5. Fellowship Tract League 6. Calvary Chapel 7. Free Bible Tracts 8. Computer Saints 9. Davidson Press 10. ABC Tracts
Look for tracts that give a clear Gospel Message not ones that promote one doctrine over another. The point should be salvation. Be sure to read the tract before ordering. Try ordering a few from several sites, until you find the right tracts for you.
Monday, July 17, 2006
Thursday, July 06, 2006
My Super PostCard Idea Adventure:
Wow! Is this a great idea or What!
Today I ordered some FREE custom made postcards from Vistaprint. On the Front side I had them print: "The Meaning of Life in 25 Words or Less" then underneath I had them print out the verse of John 3:16. On the back , where you would normally put your return address, I had them print out the Web Address for this site and a short message with a prayer. The cards will be here in about three weeks. My son and me are planning on spending an afternoon addressing the cards to people we randomly pick from the phone book (of course we will pray first and ask God to get the cards where they need to go). We decided to not put our return address because we do not want to be the focus, we want God to get all the Glory and the focus to be on the message.
VistaPrint even has some postcard styles that would be great for little kids. What a great way to teach your child about sharing the Love of Jesus. Let them help you pick out names and addresses and also what to print on your personal postcards.
VistaPrint also has FREE Business Cards that you can design into Witness Cards. They always have some FREE Specials going on each month, so sign-up for their email list.
Check out the Link in the right hand column and get your Free Postcards.
Monday, July 03, 2006
1. Pray for opportunities to share your Faith 2. Have compassion on the condition of those around you. 3. Speak the Truth, Don't water it down! Hell is Real! 4. If you're not ready to be Bold as a Lion, then at least be a Wimpy Witness. You gotta start somewhere. 5. Never forget or take for granted the price of Salvation. Learn to value what God values.
There are many ways to share and express your Faith, find ways that fit your personality and abilities and then make them a part of your day-to-day life. Most of you have heard all of this before, and you might actually agree that you are Selfish, but after hearing or reading a message like this, you go back to your normal ways, never changing and missing opportunity after opportunity. Please STOP! Take the time right now to make one small change in the right direction. Look for ways to express and share your Faith. Don't go back in your RUT. Today is the Day of Salvation!Don't Just Read the Verse and Quote the Verse...... BE THE VERSE!. K.M. Kramer is the Operator of www.betheverse.com, a Chrisitan Evangelism Mobilization Website, the Moderator of the Wimpy Witness Blog and Owner of www.versestore.com, a successful Christian Apparel and Witness Gear Store on Ebay