Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Heaven or Hell?

Heaven or Hell?: "Heaven or Hell? It's your choice! Are you 'Good' enough to go to Heaven? Have you done enough 'good deeds' to overcome your sin? Think about it! If you died today, would you spend eternity with God in Heaven or in torment in Hell? Have you ever told a lie? What does that make you? A liar, right? Have you stolen anything? What does that make you? A thief, right? How about using God's name as a curse word? Blasphemy, right? Ever wanted something you didn't have or that wasn't good for you? That's coveting. Let's see that makes four of the ten commandments broken. I think maybe we might be in trouble here. If God is a Holy God and He only allows holy and good into Heaven, were does that leave us? But God is Love, right? Surely a loving God would not send us to a place of torment. But a loving God would also have to be a just God. Would a loving and just Judge allow a criminal to go unpunished? That wouldn't fair or just. A loving and just God must punish sin. Someone must pay the penalty. Ah yes, that's were God's love for us really shows up. He sent His only Son, Jesus to pay that price for us. You might have heard about the 'Free' gift of salvation. Well let me tell you, it wasn't 'Free' or without cost. It cost Jesus everything and although there is no way you can earn or buy salvation, it will cost YOU everything. Salvation is a trade, Jesus dies for us, we live for Him. We die to this life, Jesus lives in us. Do you get it? Jesus takes on all our sins, pays the penalty of death on the cross, and then because of His own innocense is raised from the dead. Now the penalty is paid for all those who accept the gift,... but... once you accept the gift, Jesus comes with it and begins to cleanse and shape your life into the very person that God orginally intended you to be. Cool huh! You don't have to go "clean-up" your life first or do abunch of "holy stuff". You just have to want to let go, repent, turn away from all the junk that is destroying you from the inside out. Do you want to know for certain that you will live forever in Heaven? Then turn this life over to Jesus. Allow Him to wash away your sins and give you a new life here on Earth and Beyond. All you need to do is ask and He will forgive you, and enable you to start New. Do it Now, tomorrow may be too late.

2 comments:

Ute said...

Yeah, and then there are those of us, who don't steal, don't lie, don't curse anybody's name because they don't believe that this... uhm... entity (?) exists... there are those who do good all their lives... there are those who care simply "because"... Not because they expect to be rewarded with heaven or threatened with hell, but simply out of the goodness of their heart. And these people (and trust me, they ARE out there) are going to burn in hell? Sorry, but if this God actually did exist, then he would be the worst God I could possibly imagine. Because then he does not even have the wisdom to recognize the real good people. Call it blasphemy if you wish. I'm simply talking as an atheist who doesn't believe in a god anyway and therefore it can't be blasphemy in my opinion. :)

Karen Kramer, The Wimpy Wittness said...

Ute,

I hear what you're saying, I just have never meet a single person who is "good". Everyone I have ever met has told at least one lie, had a lustful thought, been angry or at least mean to someone in their lives. God sees even the very thoughts and intentions of the heart. If there is someone out there that is "good", then He knows.

The part that gets me about God is that He knows me and yet was still willing to die for me. I am far from perfect and continue to make mistakes daily. You might feel that you deserve heaven, but I certainly don't.

The goodness of God has caused him to offer everyone the CHOICE to accept his gift. He could have forced himself on all of us, yet He choose to give you free will. It is your choice, Ute and I will respect that choice. I don't agree with it, but I will respect it.

I do believe it is possible to live a happy life here on earth without God, but our time on earth is just a very small part of eternity. This life is only about making our choice for the eternal life. I am completely confident in my choice, but even if I am wrong and there is no eternal life, I get to live a very happy and fulfilling life here. If you are wrong and I am right then the consequences for you could be devastating.

Much love and Prayer
Karen